Ok, so I am a bit of a product junkie with about 50% self-control, so before we get deep into 2018, I have to share my favorite product finds from 2017.
I have worn makeup since about age 23 but I really fell in love with it about 12 years ago, after finding a foundation that didn’t cause my skin to break out. Of course, being a makeup lover, I can’t help but try several different products every year, to enhance my look and I really found some great products 2017. Of course, I’m also a girly, girl, always searching for that oh so perfect scent in a moisturizer or perfume. As a lover of the natural hair lifestyle, I sometimes venture out from my favorite hair products to try some of the newest products that are raved about on the natural hair blogs. Check out some of my favorite beauty products, both old and new, that are now a part of my beauty product stash.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm. OMG, I know I’m late with this one but what a great lip balm. I especially love the way it moisturizes my lips and the amount of color is perfect for those days when I want to wear little to no makeup.
- Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick. If it couldn’t get any better than the Clinique product above, this super balm packs a ton of moisture into my lips, especially in a very cold, dry, winter like we’re experiencing this year.
- Mielle’ Organics Honey Ginger Styling Gel. I know that some naturals love gel but I have never found one that didn’t make my hair either dry, flaky, and hard as a piece of straw. Mielle’ Organics has completely changed my mind about gels. This gel is very moisturizing and I don’t experience the dryness and flakes that I’ve experienced with other gels. This is my summer staple that give this Georgia humidity and run for the hills. LOVE IT!
- Formula 10.0.6 Masks. This company sells a variety of facial products, which I’m sure are all great products, however, I have used the masks. I absolutely love the Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask and how soft and clean my face feels after using this product. Pores Be Pure is actually a part of my facial routine, which can be found here: Facial Pampering at Home
- Body by Eden Works Coconut Edge Gel. I have never been a huge fan of gel but my 13 year old convinced me to give edge control type gels a shot. I have to say, these gels make my natural hair look a little neater and smooth. Out of all of the brands that I’ve tried so far, Body By Eden Works is my favorite.
- Now Sweet Almond Oil is so versatile, I don’t know where to begin. First of all, it can be used any and everywhere, even where the sun doesn’t shine! After doing a little research, I have found that every suggested use has been reported accurately and the results have been amazing.
- Nubian Heritage Body Lotion – As I am progressing towards green living, experimenting with essential oils and carrier oils as part of my moisturizing routine. While surfing for oil combinations online, I stumbled across several body lotions, created with oils. Nubian Heritage was the first brand that I tried and the results from using this product has been great. It comes in several different scents which all contain several different essential oils. Although, on the pricey side, its worth the buy, when compared to purchasing oils and creating combinations.
These are some my favorite products added to my beauty products. If you have a great find that you would love to share, please post below.